How to Find a Home in the Highlands
How to Find a Home in the Highlands Denver, Colorado
The Highlands is currently among the most popular districts in theDenver, Colorado. Mere minutes from downtown, and featuring a wide range of neighborhoods, it provides a setting where everyone from professionals to students, families and retirees can find their ideal home. But how can prospective buyers quickly and effectively identify the right place to reside, especially when facing a healthy dose of competition? As the leading purveyor of real estate in Denver, Nostalgic Homes presents the necessary level of guidance and a slate of effective tools and resources to help find and secure the best home for you.
Assess Your Home Buying Priorities
Perhaps the most important step to take before buying a home is to sit down and think about your essential buying criteria. How much space do you need? What is your price range? Are you looking for new construction or a historic home? Do you have children and want to be close to good schools? These are just come of the vital questions to ask yourself, and will help you and your agent narrow down the possible candidates. And don’t forget to keep a list of even the smaller details, such as the type of views, appliances and finishes you want.
When it comes to Highlands neighborhoods, you will have a wide array to choose from. Lower Highlands (LoHi, for short) is currently the most trendy among young buyers, as it just a short walk from downtown. For historic properties, you may want consider Potter Highlands, which has retained much of its original early 20th Century architecture and residential atmosphere. West Highland is a prime example of the area’s resurgence, while places like Sunnyside and Berkeley have undergone more recent improvement. If you prefer an up and coming neighborhood or are looking for a renovation project, then Chaffee Park or Jefferson Park may be the best answer.
Take Advantage of Technology
Just a few years ago, there was no easy way to truly get a sense of all the neighborhoods without taking the time to visit each one. But with new tools such as Nostalgic Homes’ Advanced Search Feature, it is possible to enter all of your criteria at once and to come up with a viable list of potential neighborhoods and properties. The tool offers advantages such as:
Search Criteria Toolbar – Click the ‘Homes’ button to the right of the Map, and the tool will allow you to display by property types – existing single-family homes, new construction and even land for sale. Then by simply dragging the marker, you can filter properties by the number of bedrooms, listing price, year built and many more criteria.
– Walkability Score – This section is a great way to assess whether the atmosphere and pace of a neighborhood matches your lifestyle. Located at the bottom of the page, it provides a quick overview of how far away your new home is from local shops, restaurants, schools and more.
– Specific Neighborhood Search – Looking to find a home based on location? Click on the ‘Areas’ button and the interactive map will be able to display a variety of zoning lines, from neighborhood boundaries to school districts, Zip Codes, cities, and counties.
– Lifestyle Search – The ‘Lifestyle’ button will help you make decisions based on your favorite activities and amenities. Click on a relevant category – from shopping to medical and schools – and the map will display all providers.
– Statistics – This real time assessment of the market offers a helpful peek into the qualities that matter, including median home values, average taxes and the number of foreclosures in the neighborhood.
– Favorites and Alerts – As a client of Nostalgic Homes, you can also save your searches as well as sign up to receive alerts about new listings that appear on the market.
The Advanced Search Feature is an intuitive, graphically rich presentation that is easy to use and a delight to explore. And now you can also download an App version for your iOS device!
While there are plenty of qualified professionals working in Denver, not all real estate agents offer the same caliber of service. Make sure to take the time to speak with several firms in order to learn about each one’s specialties and to find the one that best matches your needs and expectations. Nostalgic Homes prides itself on its 25 years of continued success, and has the experience, knowledge and reputation necessary to deliver the results you deserve.
Do you have specific questions regarding buying a home in the Denver Highlands? Connect with a representative at Nostalgic Homes today.