Five Activities For Families in the Denver Highlands This Spring
Activities For Families in the Denver
Denver is a year-round playground for families, with fantastic weather and crystal-clear blue skies, a number of fantastic parks and recreational areas, a wonderful selection of museums and cultural facilities, and a wealth of children’s programs. Whether you’re looking to enjoy a weekend Rockies game or a day at the Denver Zoo, this community is the ideal city in which to experience an unforgettable family outing. Our team of Highlands Denver real estate experts at Nostalgic Homes has put together a list of some of their favorite activities for families throughout the Highlands and the Denver Metro area. We hope you enjoy the list and look forward to seeing you at some of these wonderful event and attractions.
1. The Denver Children’s Museum: Here children and their grownups can learn through play with fun and interactive exhibits, special events and daily educational programs. The first Tuesday night of each month is Free Play on “Target Tuesday Nights” from 4pm to 8pm. On other days, admission is $6.00 with one free child under age 1.
2. The Butterfly Pavilion: An interactive rainforest filled with more than 1,200 free-flying butterflies, the Butterfly Pavilion is one of the most unique attractions in the Denver area. Blending science with education, families can enjoy learning more about bugs, sea animals and of course, butterflies. Located in Broomfield, admission is $8.50 for adults, $5.00 for children 2-16, or $18.00 for a family.
3. The Downtown Denver Aquarium: A true underwater adventure for the whole family, the aquarium is a great way to spend a rainy afternoon or a sweltering summer day. Admission prices are reasonable and there is a wealth of exhibits for visitors of all ages. Hours are Sunday to Thursday 10am to 9pm and Friday – Saturday 10am to 8:30pm.
4. Highland’s Kid Friendly Restaurants: Sometimes a break from cooking dinner can be the most wonderful activity of the week. There are number of fantastic family-friendly restaurants in the Highlands including Duo, Mead Street Station, Bang!, and Tony P’s Highland to name just a few. Here you’ll find reasonably priced meals and kids menus.
5. Platte Valley Trolley: Ride an open trolley car along the scenic South Plate Greenway and see landmarks such as the birthplace of Denver, the original REI, Elitch Gardens, The Children’s Museum, and panoramas on Downtown Denver. The Riverfront Ride departs every half an hour from 15th Street and Confluence Park. Current prices are $4.00 for adults and $2.00 for children. The ride lasts approximately 25 minutes.
Explore Denver Highlands Real Estate
These are just a few of the many, many activities available for families throughout the Highlands and Denver Metro area. Whether you’re in the market for Denver Highlands homes for sale and are simply trying to learn more about the community and its offerings or are currently a resident and want to explore activities you may have forgotten about, give us a call – we’d be happy to help. At Nostalgic Homes, we are the area’s leading experts in Highlands real estate and know this community better than anyone.
We invite you to browse our website at your convenience to learn more and encourage you to contact us with any questions you may have. Denver and the Highlands is a simply wonderful place to live and to raise a family. With world-class schools, great activities, and numerous family-friendly neighborhoods, let us introduce you to the many wonderful benefits of being a Highlands home owner. Connect today!