Valentine’s Day in Denver With Nostalgic Homes
Valentine’s Day in Denver With Nostalgic Homes
It’s that time of year again. Heart-shaped boxes of chocolates have been lining shelves in stores for weeks now, couples are planning for the big day, and love is in the air. It’s Valentine’s Day in Denver. Whether you’re looking to purchase the best looking flowers your partner has ever seen, want to plan an evening out in Denver with your sweetheart, or simply want a run-down of the area’s activities, you’ve come to the right place. At Nostalgic Homes, we’re Highlands Denver real estate experts, but we also know a thing or two about the area’s best activities, shops and vendors. Denver is a wonderfully romantic city in which to spend the holiday. To help you take advantage of the area’s great attractions, we’ve compiled a few resources here to help you start your planning. Enjoy!
Best Valentines Day Flowers and Gifts in Denver
No Valentine’s Day is complete without flowers, and Denver has a number of expert florists who can help you choose the right bouquet. Located in the popular Highlands neighborhood, Lehrer’s Flowers on W. 38th Avenue offers a great selection with a knowledgeable staff. You can even order directly from their website and have the flowers delivered to your sweetheart’s home or office. Bouquets in Lower Downtown is also a popular floral shop, having been named one of America’s Top 10 Florists by Bon Appétit Magazine.
If you’re looking to purchase more than flowers this Valentine’s Day, consider some of the many gift options throughout the city. Consider the popular Highlands Square, offering quaint boutiques and art galleries, or the premier shopping and dining destination of Cherry Creek North. Here you will find more than 320 independently owned shops, boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and spas. The upscale Cherry Creek Shopping Center, with an addition 160 brand name stores, in conjunction with Cherry Creek North makes up one of the largest, most diverse shopping districts between Chicago and San Francisco.
Denver Date Night Ideas for Valentines Day
Once you’ve found the flowers and the gift, how about some great date night ideas? Here’s a list of a few of our personal favorites. We may be specialists in Highlands Denver homes for sale, but we know how to cut loose and have fun, too!
1. Romeo & Juliet at the Denver Center for Performing Arts: Running January 25th – February 24th at the Stage Theatre, you can’t go wrong with the greatest love story every told.
2. Southwest Rink at Skyline Park: Located in Skyline Park, take a whirl on the ice with your sweetheart in the heart of downtown Denver. Skate rentals are just $2.00!
3. Valentine’s Day 5K: If you’re looking to blend love with exercise, this may be for you! The 5K will meander through the Washington Park neighborhood on February 10th. Registration is $30 and proceeds go to help cancer awareness.
4. The Most Romantic Classics with the Colorado Symphony: The perfect date night, enjoy classic love songs and romantic works in the Boettcher Concert Hall. Showtime is at 7:30 on Valentine’s night.
5. Culinary Date Night at Cook Street School of Culinary Arts: February 13th – 15th and also the 22nd, take your date to a cooking class that’s perfect for pairs. Two glasses of wine are included with your meal.
6. Dive Lounge at the Downtown Aquarium: Located on the first floor of Denver’s Downtown Aquarium, you and your sweetheart can enjoy cocktails while being surrounded by beautiful marine life.
7. Orchid Showcase at the Denver Botanic Gardens: Take your date to view more than 200 orchid plants with over 1,000 blossoms. Running through February 24th, the Botanic Gardens are a great place for an afternoon date.
8. Couples Massage at the Ritz-Carlton: The Ritz’s Reconnection Falls treatment offers relaxation with a partner in a luxurious couples suite. Contact the hotel for more details on this special.
9. Downtown Horse and Carriage Ride: The quintessential Valentine’s Day date; enjoy a romantic ride through Downtown Denver. There are various pick-up points along the 16th Street Mall.
10. Jekyll & Hyde at the Denver Center: Playing from January 27th through February 10th at the Buell Theater, this darkly romantic tale features Constantine Maroulis of American Idol and Grammy-nominee Deborah Cox.
These are just a few of our favorite ideas for the coming Valentine’s Day holiday. If we can be of more assistance, or if you’d like to explore the Denver Highlands real estate options available to you, please do not hesitate to contact us at your convenience. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you and your sweetheart a very Happy Valentine’s Day! Thanks for visiting.